Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Beagle Traits

I experienced a rather embarrassing episode yesterday.

It turns out that hunger can affect a Beagle in strange ways.

Slavering, excessive drooling and constant howling - these are all pretty much normal traits for a Beagle but yesterday, there was even more.

I wasn't just drooling - I was foaming at the mouth.

This was perhaps due to the bar of soap that I had just eaten but, I had been without food for 10 minutes and I was starting to panic. I had to take remedial action.

Combine this with the hallucinations after polishing off a whole packet of paracetamol, which was housed along with the soap in a bag at the back of the bathroom cupboard upstairs, and you could say that I was in quite a state.

Did I get any sympathy? Was I offered any treats to help cheer me up?

No, unbelievably, my Owners were actually really cross with me.

Well, if they are going to leave stuff just lying around, willy-nilly, at the back of half-open cupboards, sealed in a plastic bag, then what do they expect?

No comments:

Post a Comment