Thursday, February 7, 2013

DIY


A bit of do-it-yourself was required today after having become stuck in the dog flap.

Despite the obvious wood shrinkage that had occurred as a direct result of the recent bout of wet weather, I could see how my predicament might lead unfairly to further accusations of obesity.

My Owners were out, so I decided to undertake a few minor alterations myself.

A shaving here, some gnawing there and the opening was soon just about large enough for me to squeeze through.

I was standing back admiring my paw work when my Owners returned home.

They appeared to be less impressed and were quite curious regarding some of my bolder architectural choices.

This curiosity soon got the better of them:

 “Why are you wearing a dog flap and where the hell has the back door gone?”

They just didn't seem to grasp that removal of the door not only facilitated my comings and goings but also lent the kitchen a somewhat lighter and airier ambience.

They remain unconvinced.

The open door frame is still a bit of a scrape but I think my Owners are unlikely to agree to the additional removal of the adjacent wall.

Therefore, it can be a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment